Hello and welcome! To start off the new year, I thought I would do an unboxing of one of my FAVORITE annual beauty boxes–the Beautylish Lucky Bag. Some of you may already be familiar with Beautylish Lucky Bags (and how absolutely awesome they are). For those that aren’t, I’ll give you a little background…
Beautylish is an online retailer that carries a curated selection of both high-end and affordable beauty brands. They are based out of San Francisco, CA and offer a more personal approach to online shopping with a focus on the customer experience. They provide personalized packaging, payment plans for orders that exceed $100, and a dedicated customer service team to provide both online and telephone support.
For the past few years this company has offered what they call a “lucky bag” which in reality is a surprise box of beauty products. It is releases shortly after Christmas and comes in one of two options. You are allowed to make a single purchase (they are very strict on this) of either a regular $75 box that is guaranteed to include $150+ worth of merchandise or a $150 XL box with a $350+ value.
I have purchased the regular $75 box the last two years (the XL box sells out before my poor phone has a chance to load the page) and I have yet to be disappointed.
So with that — onto the unboxing!
Bioderma Sensibio H2O (100ml) – $6.90
* This is the second year in a row that I have received this in my box. Seems to be a staple in most of the Lucky Bags. Not complaining though — one of my favorite products to cleanse the skin and remove makeup.
Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Mask (single mask) – $12 (sold as part of a 5-pack on Beautylish for $60)
* I am new to this brand and I believe it is also new to Beautylish. I love masks, so I am definitely excited to try this out.
Jouer Long Wear Lip Topper in “Skinny Dip” – $16
* I know Jouer is very “hyped” brand that seemingly came out of nowhere. There were a lot of strategically placed (as in sent as PR) products — to many bloggers and Youtubers; HOWEVER, I actually do like the products that I have tried personally. I purchased a small sampling of their lip toppers and lip cremes this Christmas, primarily to try out this exact product.
Smith & Cult Nailed Lacquer in “Dark Like Me” – $18
* Overall, I think the Smith & Cult brand comes across as very luxe (as it should at $18 a bottle). The packaging is beautiful, as was this eggplant color. With that, I am looking forward to testing this out a bit more.
Wayne Goss Brush 15 (Fan Brush) – $25
* I was hoping that I would receive a Wayne Goss brush this time around. I have purchased a couple of his sets in the past and am always impressed by the quality. Luckily, this is one that I didn’t have. Super happy!
COVER FX Perfect Setting Powder in “Light” – $35
* Cover FX is one of my favorite brands of all-time. I have not tried this product before so I will be able to test it out. I’ll be comparing it to my Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder–no one has been able to knock her off the throne as of yet but we’ll see it how it fares…
Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette “Smoky Eye Beauty” $75
* I am so excited to try this! I’ve been wanting to purchase Charlotte Tilbury products for a while now, but have not been able to get past the price point. This face palette includes: 3 eyeshadows, a bronzer, two blushes, and her now-famous Bar of Gold highlighter. I would never pay the purchase for this set, so this was a welcome surprise. So far, the formula feels really nice but I’ll be putting it to the test in the coming weeks!
Here are some close-ups:
So here is the total breakdown:
I paid $75 + $7 shipping (they charge shipping on all boxes, amount is dependent on location). With tax, my total was $88.09
Total value: $187.90
In the end, I am very happy with this box. After watching many unboxing videos last year (as in compulsively), I found that these boxes always well-exceed the estimated minimum value. It is one of the few times that I am not concerned about getting a “dud”.
So that’s it!
If you want to sign up for updates on next year’s release you can do so here. Let me know in the comments below what you think and if you did pick one up I’d love to hear what you got!
As always thank you for stopping by and I will talk to you all very soon!